A dyslexic writer laughing at himself ...

Sunday, May 27, 2018

A Dog Sleeping on the Floor

Dear Reader,

“I knew when I met you an adventure was going to happen.”
― A.A. Milne

                It has been a while since I have written you a letter, not because I don’t have nothing to say but for the very opposite reason, I have far too much to say. My mind is flooded with words and ideas I wish to give to you in the hopes it will brighten your day. Sometimes, these ideas sitting in my mind wishes to make you cry along with them or feel something that is deep within me; this is why I write, and I write to you alone.
I curve these words from my mind in the hopes it will bring you something. I was granted this gift from God, and it is God I honor with my craft. I write every word in the hopes you can find the Lord in them. I pray my story or stories will bring you closer to the Father of All. “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God,” Leo F. Buscaglia said, and I am trying to give everything back to Him. I just hope along the way you can peek in to see how I am doing it or how I am doing overall with my writing. I smiled at the thought of you knocking on the cover of my book asking me to open up, I want to in.
“Hey, Chase?”
“Yes, my old friend?”
“How are you doing today? How is that long walk with the Lord going?”
“Ah, what great questions,” I tell you with a big smile on my face, “and here are the answers.” I hand over my books with the hope you drop into the world I have been in for years. Maybe, with all the deepest joy I can muster up I hope you find the Lord in my words or at the very least, enjoy my tales.
Yes, I hope you enjoy them more than me and speaking of my tales I must tell you a little of what is going on this month. I wrote this letter to you, not with the idea of pouring out my mind but to inform you of my plans. I guess if I were a better writer or more of a laser focus one I would have started here, but at least, that is not the case.
Summer is among us, and I have the summertime blues again. This is nothing to write home about because I feel this way every summer. It is a cause of the hot weather and the endless hours of daylight. I can’t wear my coats, and I sweat for days. Also, I feel as if my routine is destroyed by the heat. I’m trying my best not to let the blues beat me down this go around, and for now, it is working.
I have been trying to wake up early, make some tea and sit outside to joy the morning. I go on a long walk on my days off and for some odd reason yard work has become a joy of mine. Indeed, I’m hoping this summer will be different than the last.
In fact, that has already been the case. I have been helping my best friend move to the Raleigh area and is why this letter is coming to you so late at night. I have spent the last ten years with my best friend a few blocks from me or living with me in the same place. This change is new, different, completely scary, and I’m sure it is going to take me some time to become comfortable with it all. My best friend is only two and a half hours away but it still a change from the room across the hall. I will miss her, but she is not gone forever, and I take great joy in knowing she is chasing her dreams.
I am overjoyed to have my friend get out of this city. Something we always talked, and I am making my own plans to move next. Of course, my move will be a few states over, but it is also not for a half of a year. So, there is no need to stress the matter right now. For now, I have the time and the means to work heavily on my writing.
So, let's get to the real reason you are, and it is my writing. I am heading for the Airy Knoll or the Farm in little more than two weeks’ time. It is a place I have been going to for a few summers now, and it is one of the best things about the season, outside of swimming. I love being among the rolling hills of that place, and it feels like a second home to me. It truly is a great place for me.
I am heading up there a few days before the classes start to work on one of my books. It has always been one of my dreams to work on a book at Airy Knoll. I have always read about writers traveling to different places to work on their craft, and the Farm is the place I wish to go to for this adventure. I will be working on two books while I am there but the main one will be the book which is being read by a few friends. It is also the book I am trying to get published. One of my friends I wish to call out here is Brittany Moore, who is a great writer in her own right and you should check out her work here à (https://www.bemoorebooks.com/blog/). I know she would enjoy you reading her stuff, I did.
But, this list of things I have on my plate right now means I may not be able to get a full story to you this month. I will try of course, but you will have to forgive me if I do not get it finished before I head north. Not only am I working on books, short stories for this blog, working, and query letters I’m also trying not to stay locked in this room. The more I sit with these walls, the more they turn blue. I think it is about time I go outside and meet the world or the people in the world. I hope to see you out there, my friend, but if I do not find in the world, then I wish you the best and pray you to stop by for a good tale from time to time.

With a Handshake,
Chase


(Pictures of moving day and  one of my dogs:

)      

No comments:

Post a Comment