A dyslexic writer laughing at himself ...

Sunday, January 15, 2017

A Cup of Milk, Cookies, and a Messy Room


“There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations - these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub and exploit - immortal horrors or everlasting splendors. This does not mean that we are to be perpetually solemn. We must play. But our merriment must be of that kind (and it is, in fact, the merriest kind) which exists between people who have, from the outset, taken each other seriously - no flippancy, no superiority, no presumption.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

(The title really just the state of things around me. I couldn’t think of anything else.)

A friend and I were sitting around a fire one night talking. I was telling him stories of the people I grew up with and some of the insane adventurous we had. Some of those stories were terrifying to live through but made for unbelievably great stories afterwards. I think those moments were where my belief of, every day is a story waiting to be told, came from.
                My friend told me he loved my stories and believe his life was boring and lame compared to mine. I laughed telling him that was not the case. I just learn how to turn everything into a story. It is something he could learn too, something you can learn as well. 
                (I might write some of those stories out and placed them on here but I don’t know yet.)
                And then somehow during the late night, he asked me what I thought Heaven was like? It was an odd question but with the fire and the clean air our minds wander to places it wouldn't go to back the city. I smiled for a moment trying to think about what Heaven was like to me. 
                I've heard the stories about the golden gates, the roads made of gold and the city of white. I knew what other people said about it. The only person I've ever come close to agreeing with was C.S. Lewis who said, “Heaven was joy, pure joy,” or something along those lines. But what was it to me? If I could make Heaven what would it be?
                I told my friend, “Heaven to me would be sitting at a table or beside a fire telling the Lord all my stories.”
                My friend not being someone of faith asked me, “But doesn’t God already know all your stories?”
                I shrugged. I believe so. I think he does but I don't think that matters. I think what matters to the Lord is me telling them to him. I believe all he wants to do is sit across from me and listen to them. I guess, I find a little bit of Heaven telling and writing my stories. There a part of me that write them out for the Lord but another part that's wants to share Heaven with you.
                When I create I feel the Lord with me. He sits with me and yet, I know he still can’t wait for me to tell him my stories when I sit at his table. I could wait until I get there to tell him but I want to share Heaven with you.
                I hope, I give you a little piece of Heaven.

With a handshake,

Chase

My twitter: @CLCurrie1313

No comments:

Post a Comment