A dyslexic writer laughing at himself ...

Monday, March 10, 2014

A Poem from a Long Day

Lonely Man Walking
Draft_2
By: Chase L. Currie

I saw a lonely man walking down the street today,
he was whistling to himself,
when I asked, what are you whistling about, sir?

He said; “Today the sun is shining,
and what a great thing that seems to be,
today, I walked from here to there,
and was stopped by you,

As lonely as I am,
and though I wish for love, and long it so,
I know each step is the next step to that love,

And yet,

Here I am talking to you,
just you alone, and I know, I would rather be nowhere else,
that is why I am whistling, my friend.

The sun is shining,
and you stop to talk to me,
what more could a lonely man ask for?”

He said his farewells, and kept on walking,
I stood there for a moment,

wanting to say, “But sir, it's raining . . .”

No comments:

Post a Comment