A dyslexic writer laughing at himself ...

Friday, March 28, 2014

New Version of 'To My Muse'

To My Muse
Draft_3
By: Chase L. Currie
With the help of Larry Sorkin

I stand a man of my bitter age,
lost with a cold shadow,
dreaming of a warm dent to hide in from a frozen mid-

night sun, never believing you where there,
sitting, walking, sleeping among my visions.
My eyes lost in your footprints on my

shatter dreams, there in the glory of my eyes
was you, speaking the words of a dreamer.
You found me

in the Black Forest walking
with my shadow, hiding from the light. What a fool
I have been, what a fool I am, thoughts

of you spinning in my mind
leaking from my lips.
Bleeding my heart dry of my broken soul,

My hands build the dream of you
as you whispers what you want me to make you into
my bones crack, and I - - -

fear, what the thundering sound of my heart means,
a foot step, just one, another taken,
closer to a doom. I know is around the bend.

Hand and hand, My Lovely Muse
you lead me down a path,
I am unsure of, questioning every sentiment.

What does this all mean?
In the eyes of a dreamer
does is mean I will wake,


Only to find an empty canvas, waiting for you to step in?

No comments:

Post a Comment