A dyslexic writer laughing at himself ...

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Bad Poem 5b_Cheap Wine and Cigarettes


Cheap Wine and Cigarettes
Draft_3
By: Chase L. Currie

We work until our bodies break and our souls fill with desire,
We dream until our minds can speak no more words of things to never come,
We sit at the table and I among the dreams, my face blank while you sew your story,

Ideas in my mind, yelling at me to move - to your side -
They beat at the door as I lie still, tightly wrapping the blanket into my fists,
Never moving to open the door to let them in, never letting them kiss me,

We sit at the table, you and I, alone in the room,
Though there are other with us, at the end, its just you and I,
You smile, your eyes hiding some secret, from my dreams,

I know the secret, a warm word that can save a soul,
But with a cost so high, few dare to speak it, and your tears tell me that,
You know the cost of the dream, our soul own desires,

A lie falls from your lips, as I catch it with mine,
We touch one another, in the hopes it is just seen as a friendly good-bye,
We step away from the table, back to our lives,

Back to the cheap wine,
Back to the cheap cigarettes . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment