A dyslexic writer laughing at himself ...

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Bad Poem 53 I Don’t Want Monday to Come

53_I don’t want Monday to come
Draft_1

Went out drinkin,
To forget tomorrow –
                My drunken graveyard boots stormed down the rail line,
With a bottle in hand,
                A .45 in the other,
I begged the Sun not to come up,
                Keep another day at bay,
For one more drink –
                                One more shot.
                                                One more pill.
So I don’t have to say goodbye
Once more.
You left on a Monday,
                Back to warm Southern air –
                                Where my boots nor the train will take me.
Doctor Death said, “Not yet son, not yet.”
                But I want to see you,
And never let go --
                You leave on the morrow and I –

                                                                Take one more shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment