A dyslexic writer laughing at himself ...

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Bad Poem 59 A Smoke Filled Room

59_A Smoke Filled Room
Draft_1

A smoke filled room,
Where I left my ‘Didn’t give a damn’ at the door,
                (With my hat and self-respect)
A bottle of wine on the floor,     
We empty hours ago,
Fucked like dogs,
And you left my bed a mess,

I shrugged.

An empty room,
Filled with bottles and books,
Souls of those long lost dead,
And you left me with my ghost,

But I didn’t give a damn.

A room full of fools,
I find myself in then,
The madman danced with the whores,
And I drank with the devils,

Just to be alone.

I did give a damn,
As I tipped my hat,
To you, a dream of lust,
And went back to where I could speak with God,

                (Back in that smoke filled room).

No comments:

Post a Comment